Dedicated award winning software practice
- Software license sourcing strategy and spend assessments
- Knowledge of consumption models for effective cost management
- Metered, SaaS or perpetual license options
- Cloud platform strategies
Hosted/Managed IBM Software Offerings
- SaaS Offerings
- Rational Ecosystem
- Hadoop – BigInsights/ Streams/ Sterling/ Infoserver
- Hosted Perpetual License Hosting
- Managed Services for Software and/or Compute
- IBM Cloud Provisioning and Managed Services
- Monitoring and management of SL Capacity
- Extended MSC Security offerings into the SL Cloud - QRadar etc.
Do you have a clear understanding of the many purchasing programs when acquiring new IT assets?
Acquisition of software from companies like Microsoft, IBM and Oracle requires a keen understanding of how their licensing programs work. In most organizations, software products often represent a significant portion of their overall IT budget where licensing has to be carefully managed to optimize spending.
These large software companies provide thousands of products in their portfolio and use a variety of license models, contract terms and conditions. The license models can be very complex, causing frequent confusion for organizations trying to control costs while maintaining license compliance.
One of our clients was shocked to learn they had been paying $250,000 more per year on IBM’s WebSphere then necessary. Once we determined the proper licensing path we helped them reduce their annual spend on that one item to $20,000 and not the $270,000 they had been paying.
Do you need help understanding software licensing programs?
How can you start? – Request a complimentary maintenance assessment.
We will help you develop a complete view of your IT spend / infrastructure, and provide insights on simplification.
Once we’ve gathered data on your environment, our infrastructure and software specialists will analyze your installed platforms. The analysis will provide the following feedback:
- Identified assets that are currently expiring, or expiring in future dates, based on both financial and technical reasons
- Outlook on an accurate budget details for the upcoming year, as well as future years to inform your infrastructure strategy
- A financial view by month, along with a view that shows the assets under support, partially supported, and much more